I’m considering the idea of creating a web site/blog for my private students and their parents, and I’m looking for good examples. (Yes, I’m giving you an invitation to plug your site and shamelessly brag about why it’s so great.)
If you do have such a site, what are its main features? I’m wondering specifically about including the following elements:
– Teaching schedule, so parents can see when they might schedule make-up lessons
– Lesson policies, and all that boring stuff
– Curriculum, so parents and students can have an idea of where they’re at and what’s next in the grand scheme of things
– Photos of students, to give the site a more personal feel
– Videos/audio files of students’ work
– Links to online activities and educational sites
Is your site an interactive blog where readers can make comments, or is that an opportunity for problems?
What else am I missing? Please share your thoughts!